Saturday, November 1, 2008

Trust Him

I've just got to share an answered prayer! OK, I'm a little OCD if you don't know me well...and if you DO know me, then that's not news to you! So being married and having to compromise on not always doing things MY way has, well...its been a challenge at times. So, Scott bought a new truck a year and a half ago...which he desperately needed for his work. When we bought the truck the plan was to sell Ole' Green and put that money toward the new truck! Well, I thought that meant sell the truck...or at least TRY to sell the truck immediately.

My husband, on the other hand seemed to be in no rush. At first he said we needed to sell it in the fall (that was LAST fall) since it didn't have an air conditioner. You know, who in their right mind would buy a truck with no air conditioner that lives in Mississippi! OK, so we could wait a few months and then put it up for sale. No big deal.

Well, a YEAR later...the truck is still sitting in his parents' yard. And every time I think about it, I just get frustrated. I'm picturing the thing just being one big ball of rust by the time he gets around to selling it! (I'm really not complaining about my husband ...there is a point to this in the end! :)

OK, so time goes by and each time I think about the truck I talk to Scott about it and try to "encourage" him to get on with it (putting it up for sale that is). The more time goes by, the more I get frustrated and begin to "encourage" him. And you know THAT "encouragement" would be more like nagging if you were to ask him! :)

So finally a couple weeks ago, I was in the shower, where I do a lot of thinking...and I started thinking about that DURN truck again....I started rehearsing in my head all the reasons that we HAVE GOT TO SELL THE STINKIN' TRUCK! I mean, I was getting more and more frustrated...and I was about to let Scott have some "encouragement" when I got out....but just as I was about to step out of the shower I heard God speak to me, "No, you just keep your mouth shut. You let ME handle this. You just give it to me, forget about it and let me handle the truck." I knew it was God speaking to me. So, with almost tears in my eyes, I said, "OK, God. I don't have the power in me NOT to say anything else to Scott about this. YOU are going to have to help me keep my mouth shut. I promise to you right now that if you will help me, I will not speak another word about that truck. I am leaving it in your hands and I trust you to handle it. I trust your timing. And God, I ask you to sell if for more than we could imagine!"

So from that day on, I truly was able to forget about it. And I didn't mention another thing about that truck. Well....this past Tuesday (just a little over two weeks later) while I was in Hattiesburg, Scott called me and said, "Guess what!!"

I couldn't imagine what it could be...and that truck certainly wasn't what popped into my head.

"We sold the green truck!"

"WHAT!?!?!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!!!"

Then he told me the story. Sunday he had taken the truck and parked it in his cousin's yard (who sales a lot of vehicles from his yard) and had already gotten several calls on it. Two people had even made him offers! He had written $3600 on the window, really not thinking he could get that much. He didn't want to take the first offers that soon after being up for sale, so he waited. Then on Tuesday, his Dad took it to the auction to see what it would bring there...and do you know he sold that thing for $4000!!!!!!! That's more than he even had on the WINDOW!!! And all this when the economy is down...and certainly no one is wanting to buy diesels with the gas prices so high!??

I was speechless!! God is so good!! After Scott told me the story...I told him mine! What an awesome God we serve. I wanted to blog this answered prayer as a reminder to me and hopefully as an encouragement to you. Is there something that you have been trying to do on your own that you just can't make happen? Is there something that you have been worrying about? Give it to Him. Forget about it...and trust Him with it!! He can take care of it much better than we can.

I wish I could apply this truth more often. I'm definitely going to try to put it into practice more. He is always faithful!!!!!

It's been fun, Ole Green....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woodman, what a great testimony and a great reminder of who's in control. I need this encouragement almost daily as I often lose focus. It's so easy to put our reliance on people in the here and now and I'm reminded so often that it's an empty feeling to depend on people to fill what only God can! THANKS, I needed to hear this message TODAY! :)