- I LOVE games...all type of games....board games, chess, cards, dominoes, puzzles...you name it..I'm IN!! The problem is I can't ever find other people that like to play games!! Its so disappointing! :) Every now and then I can get Scott to feel sorry for me and he'll play monopoly with me. (I got him Whitetailopoly for a happy not too long ago to try to encourage him to play with me more!) So when the opportunity ever does arise - I'm GAME!! (ha! No pun intended!!)
- I LOVE to dig splinters out of my husband's hand!! And he is so sweet that he will leave them in throughout the day just so I can dig them out when he gets home!!! Weird, I know....
- I LOVE LOVE LOVE winter weather!! I feel more energized and frisky when its cold!! Maybe its just that when it starts getting cold, it feels like Christmas...and that is my absolute FAVORITE time of the year! I love to shop early (although that doesn't always happen) so I can have all my presents wrapped and under the tree so that I have plenty of time to enjoy the pretty packages! I just bought some new pretty ribbon yesterday in preparation for wrapping time this year!!!
- I sometimes get carried away cleaning my house. I start to clean one thing, and that reminds me of something else I've been "meaning to do"...which leads to something else....and it goes on and on. Most of the time when this happens its in the evening and I just can't stop. I know its REALLY hit me when I've been exhausted ALL day and now for some reason I feel like I have just awoken from a two day sleep. I literally CAN NOT stop....and its not unusual for me to go into the whee hours of the night. But when I get one of these cleaning bees under my bonnet....I'm actually having fun. And when I finally wrap up all the little projects, I have such a feeling of accomplishment. And usually the next day I don't even feel tired. And the BEST part is getting up the next morning, and just walking around the house admiring all the cleanliness!!! I love it!! I'm addicted!! I know...its a problem.
- Lists, Lists, Lists...I LOVE LISTS!!! Sometimes I write things on my list AFTER I did them, just to have the pleasure of marking it off!! I also cannot live without my planner. And along those same lines (of being an Organized OCD'er), I keep an excel spreadsheet of birthdays and anniversaries. If I've ever known your birthday, I'm pretty sure you are in my spreadsheet. When friends get married, I add them to my spreadsheet...and when friends have babies, I add them to my spreadsheet! I can sort my spreadsheet by month, year, last name, first name.....who's birthday do you need to know? ha! I try to be good about calling or emailing everyone on their birthday but I don't do as well as I'd like. I am making a new year resolution this year to send everyone a birthday card on their birthday. I think I get this obsession with dates from my grandmother, LuLu. She had index cards - one for every friend and family member. Each card had their full name, birthday, who they were married to, anniversary, childrens names and birthdays, and who THEY were married to! And yes, at a young age, I started my very own set of index cards. Somewhere in my college years, the index cards got converted to an excel spreadsheet.
- I love to be at home. I am definitely a home body. I can always find some project or something to work on at home. I have a closet full of "craft projects to work on when I don't have anything else to do" things. One such project that I have had waiting on me for a couple years is a t-shirt quilt. For all those old high school t-shirts that I just couldn't bare to part with, I decided to use them to make a quilt!! My cousin told me about the idea several years ago and I thought it was genius!! Especially since another thing I love is a cozy blanket!!! My favorite old t-shirts, old memories, cozy blanket....sounds like a perfect project to me!!! Now if I can just find the time....
- Lastly,the lady where we went hunting last week had the cutest Cocker Spaniel ever!! And now I WANT ONE!! I really do. I haven't been able to quit thinking about it since. I've already researched the internet trying to find someone close that raises them. I NEED a Cocker Spaniel puppy!! Anybody know anyone???? (For the record, I'm REALLY not one of those "ya see something and have to have it" kind of girls) I've been thinking about getting a puppy for a while, I just couldnt decide exactly what kind I wanted. I don't like small dogs...but I wanted one that could come inside and wouldn't be big and clumsy....something I could take with me places and that would keep me company when Scott's not home = a COCKER SPANIEL!
Ok, I know I'm a dork. I'm OK with that. :)
3 comments:
Okay, we have GOT to get together one weekend. Seriously.
I Love games. No one will ever play with me. What's with that??? I bet Woodman would play!
I am also a birthday-a-holic. I don't have a spreadsheet, except in my brain, and if you name a date there is a good chance I can tell you someone who has a birthday on that day!
I need you to come to my house and go on a cleaning spree. I cannot relate to that one!
Seriously--are y'all free one weekend? We'd love to make a trip to Jackson to see some folks!
ok, as a veterinary professional, i have to advise against the cocker spaniel, unless you're ready to battle ear issues for life. don't want to rain on the parade, just lettin' you know what i see every day--unless you want to move to jackson, tn, in which case we would love to have your business at pet care...we've been really slow this week!
Thanks for taking the time to do this! I think you did a super job putting yourself out there.
PS - just an idea for you...we have to decorate early for Christmas because of the BSU party and I have several "fake presents" that I keep and pack up every year. That way my tree is not bare!
Post a Comment