Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Farmer by day, Assassin by night

I'm at Camp Shelby on work this week. It is a privilege to work with these soldiers. The group that I am working with are going to deploy to Afghanistan in February. I can't imagine. I didn't grow up around the military, so each time I'm around the military I learn so much...and am reminded what a different world they live in. And the more I'm around them, the more my heart builds with appreciation and pride for our great country. The guys and gals that serve our country are indeed selfless and courageous....and they believe in what they are doing! I wish that the world could hear more of their side of the story. Unlike most of the people that have their "opinions" about the war....they believe its the right thing to be over in Iraq fighting this war on terror. So much so, that they are risking their lives to do it. These guys have SEEN whats going on over there first hand, and absolutely believe its the right thing to be over there protecting our country from things, that for the most part, most of us don't even realize is going on.

I'm so thankful that my job allows me the opportunity to see the "other side". These guys and gals are just like you and me....only they have given up the "normal" life to fight for our country and our freedom. Oh, how we take that for granted.

2 comments:

Wilson said...

We certainly do take it for granted, so it's nice to be reminded. Hope you had a good trip.

Anonymous said...

thank you for sharing your heart for our military, that is just one more reason ILBYD