Thursday, October 16, 2008

Gosh! This week has FLOWN by!! That's whats good about long weekends...they make the week short too! I didn't have to work on Monday for the grand ole Columbus Day! I had a whole list of stuff I wanted to get done on my day off...and I don't think I got ONE thing checked off! I get side-tracked so easily....I just LOVE being at home and can find a million things to do around the house...but then at the end of the day not really be able to tell you what I've done! While I had the day off, I decided to try a new crockpot recipe out of my Southern Living magazine. I'm never home early enough during the week to put something on the crockpot for 4 hours, so I made the executive decision to make it for Monday night! I'm usually not good at venturing out to try new recipes that I've never had before. It turned out pretty good...I would tell you the name of it...but I can't remember it! I'm making a new "goal" to try at least 2 new recipes out of each Southern Living magazines per month. I believe Scott will definitely enjoy the experiment! :)

As far as the rest of the long weekend, we went to Starkville again...Scott gave up a weekend of hunting to go visit my folks since it had been a while since he had been. We thought about going to the game while we were in town but decided not to. Boy, I regretted that decision!! How bout them DAWGS!!!! I want to know WHO LET THEM DAWGS OUT!!!!

I'm looking forward to getting back to deer camp this weekend...especially since the weekend before last I worked on homework the whole time!! The temperature is suppose to drop this weekend....like in the FORTIES overnite! aauuhh...its be-gin-ning to feeeeel a lot like hunt-ting...!!!!

Hopefully I'll have something exciting to report back to ya when we get back home!

1 comment:

Wilson said...

Once you have kids---you'll start using that crockpot more and more. I have some great crockpot recipes--especially for soup which will be great with this cold front coming in.