Monday, September 29, 2008

The New "Home"

"Home" is officially in Starkville now! I had so much fun being there this weekend. I just loved seeing all Mom's stuff again....it didn't really matter what house it was in...its all the things that I grew up with..its Mom and Dad...its Home!!


I rolled into town just in time for supper! Mom made my favorite Chicken salad, a frozen fruit salad thing, and asparagus wrap things..it was all DE-licious! Then of course we had cake and ice cream!

This is Karis and Ansley singing Happy Birthday to me!

And this is what I got for my birthday!!

Yes, thats a cross with fall leaves and acorns on it!! I LOVE it!!! The picture is even more gorgeous in person - I love the sweet little church in it. The grey thing on the left is a sweater/jacket - its AWESOME! And the shirt on the right is a "wrap." I'm 30..and I'm branching out with my wardrobe!! :) I also got a fabulous new purse. And those shoes that look like guys shoes...those are guys shoes...but they are for Scott...I just threw them in the picture to show them off! ha!

Saturday was fun - Mom, Dad, and I woke up and went to Hardees to pick up some breakfast - then went over to Mitt and Kerri's to see their new house color! I should have taken a picture of it!! It looks GREAT!! Its a caramel color with cream trim, and "cappuccino" shutters!! I don't know if I've mentioned it in any of my earlier blogs..but Mitt and Kerri moved right before Macey McKay was born into a much bigger house. They really needed the room. They've been doing some updates to the house and its really looking great!

After breakfast, all us girls drove over to West Point to make a quick run through an antique store. Lots of good looking things..but the only purchase was by Mom - a precious little Christmas stool.

When we got back home we got to work on Mom and Dad's house. We worked until midnight and got A LOT done! The house is now where Mom can rest while she's home and not feel like she needs to be "putting things together". It definitely now feels like home! It was so much fun finding a place for everything and seeing it slowly all come together!

Here's what it looked like by the end of the weekend!!


Lastly, I'll share a couple pictures of the girls! Macey McKay is getting so big...and Karis and Ansley are loads of fun! And they LOVE their little sister!!!!



1 comment:

Presley said...

This is so exciting! Thank you for putting these pictures up...it looks great. I know everyone is so excited to see this come through!