Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The "baby" turns 30

I've got the best family and friends in the world!! Its not even 9:30 yet...and already I've received over 20 emails, three cards (and the mail hasn't even come TODAY ), and I can't count how many text messages and phone calls ....all to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Yes, today is my birthday...my THIRTIETH birthday!! My cousin, Jenny, sent an email to our whole family with some old baby pictures she scanned of me...a reminder that the BABY COUSIN is turning 30!!! That is SO hard to believe!!

This picture is Lulu holding me and Jenny (who loves to dress herself) standing right next to me! And, YES, that is GREEN shag carpet in my nursery!


This is my brother holding me....this is before he realized he didn't like me! I'm still a NEW toy at this point (wink! wink!) Which..by the way...my brother was one of the first people to email me this morning and tell me happy birthday!!


And this is me, in my crib, that's in my nursery that my mother has decorated to the hilt! Not one detail over looked!

This next one is me...and the way I looked 75% of the time if I was awake...(the cause of the future buck-teeth)!!! Which my mom, again, made sure to get fixed as early as they would let me wear braces! Thanks Mom!!

And one last one....probably the last time my brother looked at me with such an adoring smile...awe! My dad, on the other hand...that was just the first!!! :)

Thanks everyone, for already making this day so special!! And thanks, Jenny, for the sweet email and pictures that brought back so many memories!!!

Oh yeah, and by the way...Happy Fall Y'all!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never get tired of sending this message!!!!!! ILBYD

Anonymous said...

About thirty years ago, plus a few months, I prayed that God would send us a baby girl. Little did I know the countless blessings and happiness that prayer would bring to our whole family.You are such a treasure to all of us. Dad and I still beam with pride and thankfulness just as we did that September afternoon thirty years ago. I love you! Mom

Wilson said...

Happy Birthday!

Nicole said...

I thought about you last night when I saw your birthday on my calendar! You're turning 30 first--ha!! I still have over half a year left! ;-)

Enjoy your day! Sweet baby pictures!

Anna said...

Happy Birthday... I hope you have a great day!