Friday, September 5, 2008

9 to 5....or 5 to 9?

Hurricane Gustav ruined opening day of dove season for us! The whole LONG weekend was a wash. I got a call Saturday morning from work to be "on call" for hurricane work for the rest of the weekend...but it turned out I didn't have to go in...thank goodness!! Monday, of course, I had off for Labor day....I was off Tuesday morning for a couple doctor appointments, and then worked the rest of the day from home. Tuesday night around 9 o'clock I got the OTHER call from work that said come in early Wednesday morning and "be ready!"

Got to work at 6 am Wednesday morning and I feel like I haven't left since! Well, I got to go home at 9, back at 6 yesterday for another 15 hour day...not to mention the nearly hour drive to and from work! Working on day 3 now...I'm exhausted! We have a little break right now while we wait on new data to come it...so of course...I seize the opportunity to catch up on my blogging! :)

I've been told I may need to prepare to do this again for Ike... scheduled to hit us again Wednesday or Thursday of next week....


Yesterday, Scott took another trip over to Georgia and back to pick up his replacement trailer! Hopefully it won't be long before he can finally get back up and running 100% since Coke took him out nearly a month ago.

Mom and Dad are getting settled into their new home in Starkville. I was hoping to be able to go this weekend and help her unpack and organize. We'll see....right now it looks like I'll either be working...or if not...SLEEPING!

1 comment:

Martha Margaret Bailey said...

I was wondering where & what MY BFF has been up too...I figured you have been BUSY!!! I miss you and love you a BUNCH!!