Thursday, February 7, 2008

I love you, Lulu!

Lulu passed away this morning, and although I know that she is dancing before our Saviour King right now, my heart still breaks knowing that I will never get to talk to her again on this earth. I miss her so already. There will be such a void with her gone - she was truly the heart of our family.

The righteous who walks in his integrity -
blessed are his children after him.
Proverbs 20:7

Indeed I have been blessed because of the life she lived.

This picture of her was taken over New Year's weekend - the last time I got to see her. She celebrated her 89th birthday just six days ago - February 1st.


"But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus. For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord."
1 Thessalonians 4:13-17

3 comments:

Kim said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. We'll be praying...

Martha Margaret Bailey said...

Your right, Lulu will truly be missed by all. I was reminded this weekend of how special Lulu & your family are to me. I can remember many fun times around Lulu's table eating (Sunday Lunch), talking and visiting. I have always felt welcomed & loved by your Family. Wow I cant believe how time flies. I'm truly grateful to know Lulu & I am Amazed at the fact the she is in the presence of our Lord and Savior.

Linda said...

Woodman, Lulu was such a special person to so many people. We loved her too. I wish we could have been there to celebrate with you her homegoing and share special memories. Here's a hug from me to you . . . HUG!