Saturday, November 5, 2011

Thankful for Daddy

33 Reasons I'm thankful for Daddy (in no particular order):
  1. He gave me the opportunity to grow up on a pig farm. 
  2. He taught me to drive a stick-shift.
  3. He paid me to play work at the pig farm every summer! :)
  4. He didn't let me go to dances in high school.
  5. He's not afraid to tell me when I'm wrong.
  6. He "reminds" me to call and check on people, or better yet, go visit them!
  7. When I'm looking for a certain scripture in the Bible, he can always turn right to it.
  8. He loves me, and I know it cuz he tells me all the time!
  9. He "gets" me (thats not hard, though, when we are just alike)
  10. He's taught me what it means to be a friend.
  11. He is always interested in every detail of what I'm doing.
  12. He likes to know all my friend's names, even if he has never met them. 
  13. He's a human GPS.
  14. I know that he prays for me.
  15. He's passionate about his Kairos ministry.
  16. He's creative and artistic, and can build anything.
  17. He loves his parents and was a good son.
  18. He believes God's Word, even if its not popular. 
  19. He's humble.  
  20. He has a servant's heart.  
  21. He loves people.  
  22. He's a faithful friend.
  23. He believes in me.
  24. His standard is not of this world.
  25. When I would tell him "but so and so's Dad is letting them" his response would always be, "Well, so and so's Dad must not love them like I love you!"
  26. The joy of the Lord is his strength. 
  27. He loves some good ole bluegrass.
  28. He appreciates the simple things in life. 
  29. I can always "roll my burden over on him" 
  30. He keeps you in check about your weight (even when HE's carrying a little extra) :)
  31. Everything he does, he does with care and with excellence.
  32. He gets joy out of helping people. 
  33. When I couldn't sleep at night, he would always stay up with me and play UNO until I got tired.

No comments: