Monday, January 26, 2009

This Was Scott's Idea

Meet....Charlie...


No, this is NOT our cat. This is a cat that has been coming around a lot lately....he is definitely not a stray....he's somebody's cat in our neighborhood. He comes up to our back door a lot and he and Moses will just stare at each other through the glass. Because he comes around so often, Scott and I gave him a name to distinguish him from the other several cats running around our neighborhood. He seemed to be really sweet...but we could never get him to come up to us. He would always run off if we opened the door.

So anyway, since Noah has not been real friendly to Moses...Scott had the bright idea to let Charlie INSIDE today. He also let Noah in at the same time. Noah...who is VERY territorial...and has very LITTLE patients when ANYthing that moves (except for me...he loves me!! :)

So, I come home from work today to find all these creatures inside, and Scott cooking in the kitchen like a little house wife!

When I walk into the living room I find...this....

Still no Noah in site. At this point I didn't even know he was inside. I would have immediately known that was a BAD idea.

I laughed...not believing that Scott (who is normally not real enthusiastic about cats) let a stranger cat in our house. I blew it off though, thinking it would be good for Moses to actually get to play with someone who would actually play back...


I was a TINY bit concerned though, because I didn't REALLY know Charlie..and he was...ATLEAST three times bigger than lil' Moses!!

He seemed to be gentle with him, though. And unlike Moses, didn't mind him following him around and "playing"...


After a few minutes of watching them...I relaxed and went back into the kitchen to talk to Scott and find out about his day.

THEN...all of a sudden we heard this loud shreek then a yelp mixed with a growl...I jumped off the kitchen stool to rush into the living room only to find balls of cat hair still falling from the air!! Noah had come out from hiding and ATTACKED poor Charlie!!

I recognized the voice and knew immediately it was Noah. When I asked Scott, "Did you let NOAH in too?" He just replied with a grin from ear to ear!!!

As I rounded up Charlie to get him out the front door, Scott took Noah out the back door. Poor Moses hardly knew what happened.....he sat at the window and starred for at least an hour after we put them out! He was just starting to have fun!!!

No comments: