Friday, January 16, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SCOTT

Today is Scott's birthday! And I bet you can't guess how he is celebrating?? Yes, he went duck hunting this morning. Actually he has taken the whole week off to "celebrate"! He spent the night last night at his good friend's camp just north of Vicksburg. I'm hoping he'll be coming through Vicksburg heading back home sometime during lunch so I can eat with the Birthday boy!!

I made him a surprise last night! He told me last weekend he was craving Mom's Pecan Brittle...yeah...the Pecan Brittle from Christmas that didn't turn out! (Not sure how he could be craving it if he's never had it when it was made correctly!??!?)

But anyway, I didn't want to buy those expensive pecans at the grocery...just to try the recipe and it burn again! So I told him if he would get some FREE pecans from his Mom's yard, I would give it a try! Sometime this week he must have gotten some...because there was a garbage bag full of them in our garage!

So since he wasn't home last night, I thought I would try to make it work and surprise him! Believe it or not!! IT WORKED!!! I was so thrilled!! I made two batches and left them on the kitchen counter with a card for him to find when he gets home today!! :)

Since his other two birthday surprises came in the mail sooner than I thought...and happened to be delivered on a day that he went home for lunch ( I was so mad!!! ), I went ahead and gave them to him early. I can't surprise that boy to save my life!! He's been enjoying them though...it was a new duck decoy and a warm hunting shirt.

Hopefully...his little treat waiting on him at home will be just a small reminder of how much I love him!!!

Happy Birthday, Baby!!!!

No comments: