Tommy update: I'm NOT a good turtle mother. I put Tommy in the front yard to let him play and went inside for just a FEW minutes to do something...when I went back outside, he was NO WHERE to be found!!! I thought, "now, SURELY, he couldn't have made it too far...how does a turtle flee in 10 minutes...UNreal!" I looked all over...all through the yard, under the bushes...down the street, in all the ditches....NO TOMMY!
For the next several days I looked for him on the side of the road as I would go in and out of the neighborhood...I thought surely I would eventually see him...NOPE.
Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.
Turtle tip: don't let your pet turtle roam free in the yard without adult supervision.
2 comments:
I hope no one turtle napped him! Sorry he ran for it.
found you thru Kim Hill's blog.
Oh my goodness, this cracked me up. (I mean, I'm sorry for your loss...but the video really had me roaring laughing.)
I read this post last night and then this morning was driving down a country road, and I saw Tommy crossing the road! I had to brake and swerve to miss him, but by the time I turned the car around (so I could show the kids), he was gone. So I can understand how quickly a turtle can disappear! I mean, it's been just a couple of days and he's already gotten all the way to north MS!!
Post a Comment