Sunday, June 1, 2008

A Hard Days Work

We planned to get the garden planted and the front of the house landscaped yesterday, but the garden got scratched! It took ALL day to get the front flowerbed done! We ended up having to rent a stump grinder to get all the old roots up so we could start fresh with the new bed! Its really gonna look good after some time....we chose to go with the "economy" plants...the little ones that are cheap....to save the budget. So the plants are very small. Once they fill out, I have high hopes that its going to look a lot better! At least the house looks symmetrical now.

We decided to rip up everything a start totally new. The plants that were there were overgrown and made the house look dated. We laughed when we got done because it DEFINITELY looks like a new construction site now!!

Here is the before picture (actually taken a couple years ago). There was no flowerbed on the left side and the plants that were in the flowerbed were barely hanging on.

Here are the NOW pictures:


See how bare it looks!!? The plants are really small, but we spaced them according to the instructions on each of the plants...they just have lots of growing to do to fill in the spaces! We may add some more plants along the way. This will probably be a work in progress for a while.

Here is the view from the road when we finally got all done...you can barely see the plants! ha! We added some perennials in there to at least fill in some color over the summer while its still bare. Hopefully they'll make it through this HEAT! We are going to have to baby them for a while - this was definitely not the ideal time to be planting a flowerbed.

Oh, and don't mind those ferns. Those poor things...I tried to keep them from last year, but its just not working for them. I replanted them in those hanging pots hoping it would spur some growth...but it hasnt helped! I'm going to have to break down and buy some new ones. So much for having 2 year old ferns...

So this was our Saturday. Next Saturday we will be in Kansas City for my cousin's wedding! I'm just trying to keep up. This hectic schedule is about to get to me. I'm starting to feel 30! ;)

Ta Ta...

2 comments:

Just call me D said...

Looks GREAT! We did the same a few years ago- but I have no imagination when it comes to plants and landscaping- so we could rip it all up and start again too!

Shelley said...

Y'all did a great job!!:) I NEVER see you anymore!:(
Love ya!