So the challenge is: is God telling me to do something that I dont really want to do, or maybe that I don't think I CAN do? Or maybe I don't really have faith that it will work out the way that I want it to. Am I scared to step out of that comfort zone? Am I scared to be uncomfortable?
It's a sure thing, God will provide where He guides. It is better for me to choose the more challenging road, if God is in it, than to select the route that is easier and more convenient, but lacks the presence and power of God. Inevitably, the voice of the enemy or the voice of my own ego will present a more comfortable alternative for me to choose. It's often tempting to do the opposite of what God asks simply because it would be easier. But doing the easier thing will never stretch me by forcing me to tap into my divine resources. Satan's primary goal is to keep me in the comfortable cocoons that keep me from growing into the woman God intends for me to be. The enemy will never ask me to step outside my comfrot zone because he doesn't want me to experience the fullness of God's power!!!!
The Sovereign Lord has spoken to me,
and I have listened. I do not rebel or turn away....
Therefore, I have set my face like a stone,
determined to do His will.
And I know that I will triumph.
and I have listened. I do not rebel or turn away....
Therefore, I have set my face like a stone,
determined to do His will.
And I know that I will triumph.
-Isaiah 50:5,7
On a second note...a little update from Sunday morning (see the previous post). I went to church Sunday morning knowing I was up for my turn to serve in the ministry that I am not so excited about doing anymore. I was choosing to be joyful about it and really trying hard at it. However, I did not wear my staff shirt that I always wear when I'm up - I did this intentionally - I was expecting God to tell me that I didn't have to serve once I got to church! I've learned that you have to expect God to move when you pray in faith about something!! ha ha!! Anyway, I did not get the pardon...so I found my way to my spot and began to do my job. I began to pray, "God give me a joyful attitude and help me to do the best job I can." Well, I'm here to tell you, about half way through the first sermon, I found myself actually enjoying myself...it wasnt NEARLY as bad as it had been the many times before. And to top it off, at the end of the second sermon, a precious lady that I barely know came up to me and said, "I was wondering where you were. I didn't see you sitting with your husband. THANK YOU for serving." Can I tell you that no one has ever said that to me. And I say that not to imply that I needed the thanks or even the acknowlegement....but that it was absolutely God timing. It was just like God himself was telling me, "Thank you for serving."
3 comments:
WOW!!! THANK YOU FOR SERVING
I L B Y D
Isn't ministry so exciting when you start? it's the commitment that's the hard part. Our pastor talked this Sunday about being committed. It was very interesting because he talked about executing what you have committed to do and then talked about how impossible it is do it without Christ. We ARE going to fail. Like it or not, but we are human. Christ is the finisher and the encourager. Tell yourself the gospel... Whose child are you? What has He called you to do? You are worthless with him. He finishes you. "I am confident of this very thing, that He who created a good work in you, will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus." I am not confident in you, Woodman. I am confident of Christ in you.
okay I meant you are worthless WITHOUT Him...
Post a Comment