Sunday, March 25, 2012

"My First Mud Puddle"

H and I have had a great weekend spent almost entirely outside.  He has gotten to where he wants to go outside as soon as he opens his eyes in the morning!  So Saturday - thats exactly what we did!  We woke up bright and early and planted two ferns in my planters on the front porch.  H loved playing in the soil!  After we got done with that, we went to visit some dear friends who just moved to Clinton.  We took them lunch and enjoyed lots of fun playtime in their backyard with their kiddos.  When H just couldn't hold his eyes open any longer, we headed home and both took a good long nap (which I never do, but I treated myself this Saturday!) After the nap, we had a snack and then headed back outside for the rest of the afternoon.  I planted some bushes in the front bed while H enjoyed more fun in the dirt! 

After we got home from church today, we went back outside so I could water all the new plants again...  it didn't take long for H to discover the fun of a water hose!!  I figured after he got one good feel of the water, he would have enough - it was pretty cold.   I was wrong though.  He gasped for breath the first time he accidentally got his face in the spray like it took his breath.  He just smiled and went for it again!


By the time he finally got enough of the water hose (he had gotten pretty wet by that time), little water puddles had formed around the flower beds.  Well, what is a little boy to do with water puddles?  Walk in them, of course!






Whoopsy-daisy!!  A little slip and fall caught on camera. 


Right back up, and off he went again....



There are no words in this universe that describe how I feel about this little guy.....


I'm already looking forward to next weekend with more outside fun!

No comments: