While I was in Starkville, I also got to pick up a chair for the nursery that I was getting reupholstered. Needless to say, I could hardly wait to get back home and put everything in the room to see how it looked! AND I LOVE IT!!!!! The last little touches really made the room!!!!
This is a picture of the crib BEFORE our "Labor" weekend....
And a close-up shot of our most prized project.... this little guy was definitely a labor of love....every detail of it!!!! It was so worth it though!! (The little frog peaking out was Mom's little added touch... Baby's first toy to place in the toy bag! :)
And here is the chair I got recovered.... the pillow in the chair is another one of our weekend projects! The precious blanket on the back of the chair is one Scott's Mom crocheted when Scott was a baby - such a treasure to have!
The mobile was a project Mom and I completed a few weeks back. My sis-in-law let me borrow the frame of a mobile she used, and we just sewed new sleeves to match! I found these precious lambs at Toys-R-Us and thought they would be perfect for the mobile. They were STARK white when I bought them. Mom taught me how to tea-die them to make them this perfect "antique" color!! Worked like a charm... I love them!!!!
A full view of the room......
They major pieces of the room are now complete... just working on the details. The rug in there right now is only temporary. I think I've found the perfect rug... I just need to order it! The walls are still bare... and my sweet Aunts are having a one-of-a-kind lamp made to put in the room (the one shown in the picture is also temporary)!! All we need now is a BABY BOY!!!!!!
5 comments:
so beautiful woodman! i really wanted just soft, pretty colors in my nurseries and i think this is perfect. so sweet for a tiny little person to grow up in :)
now, wait until he's four and begs for a deer mount to hang in his room! ha!
oh- and my c's had/have the same crib too. love it!
Looks great! Mr. McGregor has such charm :) Love him!
Precious! Good job lil momma!!
So precious. Love the bedding!
Post a Comment