Thursday, May 13, 2010

Just call me "Wood Barn"

So I called in a to-go order at McAlister's today. Here is the (partial) phone conversation:
Them: "What name will this order be under?"

Me: "Woodman Berry."

Them: "Could you spell the first name please?"

Me: (Not surprised) W-O-O-D-M-A-N.
I get to McAlister's, walk up to the to-go counter and tell them I'm here to pick up an order for "Woodman Berry." They look all around - check the bagged order sitting behind the counter - check in the back..... no order for Woodman Berry.

They ask me what I ordered. I tell them. She looks puzzled. The bagged order behind the counter is the exact order I just described. She concludes that the order is bound to be mine and hands it to me with a (relieved) smile.

Just for kicks, I ask what name they had on the order.

It was "Wood Barn".

I wish I would have asked to keep the ticket - THAT one would have been a real keep sake.

In fact, I'll probably be almost the SIZE of a wood barn in about 4 months!!!

1 comment:

meurrier said...

All of your name stories crack me up!! I still love the one about the driver's license place.

I hope you are feeling great, and I can't wait to hear what you are having!