Friday, September 11, 2009

Its so good to see you, Ole Green

Back in November of last year I thought I had seen the last of ole green! Ole Green was the truck Scott had when we started dating. It was a jacked-up-beast-of-a-truck - and I liiiked it! That poor thing was on its last leg though. If you remember, when we sold it (click here to read that fabulous story!) I was quite surprised...that it actually SOLD, that is!

So anyway, I took a late lunch today and head to McDonalds for a quick bite and pull into the parking lot. Straight ahead parked at the end of the parking lot I see Scott's trademark bumper stickers (that I can pick out from a mile away) - "Hooked on Quack" and "Will duck hunt for food". Without giving the truck a second thought, I started thinking, "Now what in the world is Scott Berry doing in Vicksburg!!?"

Then all of a sudden, I realized that was Ole Green!! I got so excited, I was talking to Mom on the phone and had to let her go so I could take a picture of it with my phone camera! It still looked just like it did when we had it....maybe a tab bit cleaner!

As I pulled around to the drive-through, I noticed it had a magnet on the side for a business.... and can you believe their name was SCOTT! Scott Hosemann... I thought that was just too funny! I guy named Scott, who has his own business....driving Ole Green! Same! Same!

For a second, I started missing that ole truck! Aauhh, the memories! Then I remembered it didn't have a working air conditioner! It was good to see it though! Who would have thought it would have landed right here in Vicksburg! To a guy named Scott. Who had his own business.

I almost waited until Scott Hosemann came out of McDonalds to tell him all about it.

But I didn't.

No comments: