Scott has had this camper for many years (through his bachelor days) and although he takes care of his stuff pretty well (for the most part) its still been through some rough days...not to mention it has been sitting in his parents yard for almost two years without even being opened! You can image what it smelled like. So this has been my project in my "spare time" for the past month. Not only have I been scrubbing and cleaning..but I have also been recovering all the seat cushions! The cushions USED to look like this picture to the right. A while back Scott told me that he had always wanted to recover all the cushions in camouflage material. At the time he told me I was thinking, "that's a whole lot of work for something that we are taking to deer camp!?!?"...but then when he brought the thing home for us to start working on...after I smelled it...I GLADLY volunteered to recover the cushions! That camper needed all the refreshing it could get! Not to mention that yellow and orange flower-dy material was uuuuuuugly! And if I was going to spend every weekend in it from now until February..I might as well make it nice! I didn't know exactly how I was going to do it...I just figured it out as I went and it has turned out pretty decent. It looks a LOT better...and SMELLS better too! I made matching curtains to hang on the windows. The sewing is pretty much done, but I have a good bit of cleaning left to do. When I need inspiration for the rest of the cleaning that needs to be done, I just look at the pretty new "living room"! ha ha!!
The part that's left to do is the worst part...yeah, thats why its still left...the kitchen and the bathroom. The living room and the sewing were the easy parts..now comes elbow grease time...that's also why you are only seeing pictures from ONE end of the camper! ha! I'll have to post an update blog when I get it all done!
I want even bother telling you what kind of "leftovers" I found in the cabinets and drawers...from little creatures! But I have to look at the bright side...the two things that could potentially be the nastiest... the refrigerator and the toilet...are BRAND NEW! What more could a girl ask for! So now if I can just get the tub shining and the kitchen cleaned, stocked, and organized...it will be like a brand new place! I can't wait! Its REALLY going to be a lot of fun because one of our best friend couples is a member at the same camp and is taking a camper out there too! It should be loads of fun!
6 comments:
You go girl! you got it goooinggg
up in yo stuff. That's one of the very reasons ILBYD
great job on the camper! Hunting got put on the back burner since Ella's arrival. I hope that you are still enjoying bow hunting!
Good to hear from you. Brookie and I have been married a year next week. We live in Madison in Ashbrooke. He would love all that camo in the camper!
Looks great! That's some ambition. I think I would've pretended that I didn't smell anything.
I am so proud for you! That joker looks like something out of a magazine! Seriously! Ya'll enjoy these days before babies- it's fun to be able to just GO. Being newlyweds is such a sweet time. Not that being oldlyweds is bad :) Our goal is to be able to go camping this spring. I think it would be such a fun thing to do with C-dawg now that he's getting to be a big boy. I'm impressed with the sewing too!
Oh my goodness...girl, you can sew! I can't even sew a button! It looks great!! Y'all will be huntin' in style!8)
Post a Comment