Well, after three weeks of practice with my new bow, I shot in my very first 3D Archery Tournament! I was a little nervous because the night before the tournament I was practicing in our yard and I didn't do too well..at ALL! We weren't real sure how many women were going to show up Saturday morning either...it turned out to be only four! Once we got divided into our groups we found our way to our first target. All the guys shot first; I shot last since I had to shoot from a closer mark. First target...nailed it - I was so proud! Second target...all the guys shot...and as I was walking to my mark Scott was telling the other guys on our team how I had just gotten my bow and was doing so well, "she's a natural", he said....no sooner did he get those words out of his mouth I pulled the "trigger"....no thug, just the brustling of leaves...yep...TOTALLY missed the target!! Needless to say I was discouraged....not to mention I just totally proved my husband WRONG! The next few targets went ok and then I missed #2! It was about this point in the tournament that I remembered what I had read in my quiet time that morning, "In your weakness I am made strong." From that point on I just did what I knew to do and left the results up to God! Isn't it awesome that God cares about even the small things in life!! Each time I shot I tried to really study the yardage and compare each new shot with the previous ones. The morning went on...target after target...I didnt miss another target...I was close on one..but I still got my 5 points! In the end I shot 192 out of 250 and pulled off second place! That'll do in a pinch!
In the picture above from left to right: Kristy Halle (3rd place - 189), Martha Margaret Bailey (4th place), Woodman (2nd place - 192), and Laura Renick (1st place - 202).
The whole day was so much fun! I met some people that go to our church that I had never seen before. It was a great turn-out. Scott scored 215 and ranked fourth out of more than 50 men! Scott's parents came too and his Dad shot Scott's old bow! I'm not sure what he scored, but I know he had fun! The range we went to is open for membership so we joined. Its going to be an awesome place to have to go hang out on the weekends. They have a pond where we can fish and you can order anything hunting at wholesale price! The 3D shooting will be great practice for hunting! And, we already have our second 3D shoot coming up the third weekend of August. Its at another church just down the road from us - Countrywoods Baptist Church.
Besides shooting my bow....August is going to be full of fun! I'm going to a Women of Faith conference with my sister-in-law in Atlanta to hear Beth Moore! I've never seen her live so I am pumped about that!! Not to mention getting to spend some good quality time with my sister-in-law! Then a couple weeks after that, my church is hosting a Women's conference in Raymond! I always enjoy the chance to get to spend time with the ladies at my church because I get the opportunity to really get to know some awesome women of God and meet ladies that I see around church but never get the opportunity to really get to know.Its hard to believe the summer is coming to a close already....kids are already getting ready to go back to school. Man, I'm glad thats not me!!! Hope you had a great summer! I'm looking forward to some fall weather!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment