Monday, June 13, 2011

Big Boy Chair

For the past several weeks, I've known that Holston was getting too big for his bouncy seat. Partly for the fact that it nearly drops to the ground when he sits in it....AND secondly because he now sits in it like this:

I don't buckle him in it because the buckles will barely latch around his waist! The other day I walked out of the room for just a second and heard him crying. When I went to check on him, he was laying on the floor. It was definitely time to upgrade to something besides the bouncy seat.

I've been admiring the Anywhere Chairs on Pottery Barn's website for some time now, but didn't want to pay their price for it. After much contemplation, I finally gave in. I figured if I went ahead and got it now, he could get lots of use out of it. Besides, you can buy slip covers separately.... so when he gets a baby brother or sister (wink, wink!), he can upgrade to the next size Anywhere Chair and baby sibling can just get a new slipcover with his/her name on it for the little Anywhere Chair! Sounds like a good plan to me!! :)

So last Friday the much awaited upgrade was delivered!! And right away I knew H was going to love his new chair!!! This was his first time to sit in it....

A few minutes later.....with a full tummy, new chair, and his favorite new book.... perfect equation for a good time....

The next morning he enjoyed watching his Praise Baby DVD from the comfort of his new big boy chair! Mesmerized... as you can see...

All smiles that evening playing with Mommy in his new chair....

This morning, all dressed and ready for "school".... watching his video (again) while Mommy finishes getting dressed....

I think its safe to say, the chair will be worth every penny I spent on it!!! Not to mention how stinkin' cute he is sitting in it!!!!

No comments: